INNPACTO Project 2011: development of bioactive ingredients and health food products from the olive grove.
SEPROX BIOTECH has participated since 2011 in INNPACTO 2011 project together with MIGASA, IMDEA and the Autonomous University of Madrid. This project ends in 2014 and is being funded by the Science and Innovation department within the call INNPACTO.
The overall objective of this project is to obtain new functional meat products based on the replacement of traditionally used animal fats for healthy fats, generated from new bioactive ingredients from olive oil and last generation antioxidants. It is intended to commercialize developed products at both European and international level.
To achieve the general objective described above, it will be necessary to address the following objectives:
- Develop new functional meat products with bioactive antioxidants and healthy fats.
- Develop new and new lipid antioxidants useful for the design of foods for specific health use such as functional foods, dietary and food supplements.
- Demonstrate the activity of hydroxytyrosol (HTS) as antioxidant formulations which will be included
- Develop products based on advanced technologies for the production of new healthy fat from olive products processes.
- Develop products based on advanced technologies for the production of new bioactive antioxidant hydroxytyrosol from processes.
- Investigate and determine the physico-chemical properties and stability of the new ingredients.
- To characterize the biological activity of ingredients and foods developed.
- Provide evidence of the effect in humans and developed food ingredients.
This project aims to generate a series of scientific and technical knowledge that will allow the definition of new products and processes. Specifically, the expected results following the implementation of the proposed activities will encourage the emergence of a new range of healthier meat products.
Furthermore, new bioactive ingredients (lipids and antioxidants generation) for use in designing foods for specific health use will be obtained.
Simultaneously, with the addition in the production of new ingredients advanced technologies that will be useful for implementation in different food businesses develop.
On the other hand, given the origin of the novel bioactive ingredients is important desatacar incorporating olive oil and concrete products industry oleicota new giving significant added value markets, encouraging consumption and promoting both nationally and international products derived from olives.
Since significant progress is expected also in the scientific field, from
technical coordination emphasize the need and importance of giving all achievements harvested the scientific community by presenting at conferences and publications in various scientific journals of international impact.
The intention is to get the results and conclusions to all stakeholders in the process. This promotion activities for new products obtained make them known to potential customers were made. This disclosure shall be made by attending fairs internationally known food industry (Anuga, SIAL, FOOD, FOODEX, FHC, FOOD & HOTEL ASIA, PRODEXPO, FANCY FOOD, FOOD INGREDIENTS).
Equally important is the promotion of project activities with special attention to relations with companies, organizations and institutions that can participate and fund new projects.
This is hoped to organize scientific and knowledge transfer activities with the idea of boosting the transfer of knowledge, the organization of conferences of researchers-working companies, industry meetings, etc.
It is also intended to prepare material containing scientific and technological offer, that would be a great help when participating in technology transfer events: brochures, catalogs, etc. this aim oriented promote and disseminate the activities of the partners on the project.